ad 1

Friday, February 19, 2016

Put YourSelf First Friday : Featuring Cassy Fry




So I'm going to be doing these types of posts every other Friday if not more than that. Basically with this Series of posts I'll either be sharing how you can Put yourself first in various ways such as in Pampering yourself , Relaxing alittle extra etc. Or I'll be sharing how I see someone Putting them self forward via their Blog , Business and Much More. The  phrase Put yourself first can be use and applied in many different ways. So be sure to say tuned to my blog to see all the different types of posts this series is sure inspire !

So for our First Put Your Self First post is going to Focus on Cassy Fry's Etsy Shop she's been Creating poetry art work for  years and also enjoys writing.  I love how Classic and Clean cut her art pieces look and the Quality of the paper she prints them on is very good . I can wait to put these in frame in my office space once I get it all finished up. I think these pieces would bring Character to any room and defiantly are essential to anyone's room Decor. 









Here's alittle bit about Cassy's Art and her Patreon from Cassy herself.

"I've always written, but I only got into making blackout poetry in 2013. I was seriously ill at the time and I discovered John Carroll's community Make Blackout Poetry. I was inspired and it took over from colouring books as a way to be creative and distract me from pain. It is very comforting and I prefer it to colouring as I don't have to stay within the lines! It became an art practice when I started thinking of them as projects and using them to explore ideas. It became about transforming the texts - with Fifty Shades, it was a challenge to find something literary and beautiful in a text that I felt uncomfortable with. I went on to work with the Charlotte Perkins Gilman's feminist classic 'The Yellow Wallpaper', which is one of my favourite works. For that I used tape and collage materials to repaper them and explore obsession and flesh. It is a lot darker, but visually they are beautiful. That collection was an experiment to help me write an article for Foci Magazine, so isn't published at the moment, but it is available to my supporters on my Patreon.

I set up my Patreon page because I really like it as a crowd-funding model. Creative people have always had patrons - it used to be the reserve of the rich, but now anyone can be a patron. Pledges start at $1 a month, and in many ways it is preferable to have say 500 people give a small amount to access and enjoy your work than rely on one $500 donor - but obviously either scenario is like a dream at the moment! There are all sorts of reasons people want to support artists, some just want to support, some want access to work and be the first to get updates, and others want the rewards. I support a few artists on Patreon, some because I like what they are doing and want to support them, but mostly, I'm all about the rewards! It is like shopping without guilt because you are helping someone develop their career or creative practice or dream project. All my supporters get digital access to all my work and a 10% discount to my Etsy shop - then there is a series of real life rewards. I send out a bundle of surprise packages every three months, s it is a bit like a subscription box.

It is still early days for me on Patreon - I have a few targets, my first one is to break-even! Like most creatives starting out, I'm not making much, so my first target is to cover my basic business costs - like my website hosting, software, then I'll invest in equipment and materials, and if it goes well, I'll be able to give myself a small wage. I've used the UK minimum wage and the average salary as targets. It isn't about making megabucks, it is about finding a way to make a basic living and create more of what my readers love."





Cassy Fry's shop :  etsy.com/shop/cassyfry 

You can also support Cassy's work on Patreon . Patreon is a funding site for anyone who creates either with Art work, blogging, YouTube and much more. When you support someone through Patreon you are personally helping them to continue doing what they  love most ! So definitely consider supporting Cassy's work on Patreon.


Cassy's Patreon : patreon.com/cassyfry

No comments:

Post a Comment